The soap opera called my life
Thursday, May 04, 2006
  Men...can't live with 'em, can't live w/out 'em
Okay can I just say that men are just weird, un-comprehensible, FRUSTRATING, and all around nerve-racking? Well most that is. My best guy friend Chris, ex Charles, and my ex Ryan fall into this category of weird, un comprehensible, frustrating, nerve racking men. DO THEY EVER!!! Let me take the liberty of devoting some time to each:

Charles....went out with us this weekend....he wasvery glad I called and asked him...very flirty all night (think touchy and saying I was cute, trying to grind on me at the club, and making comments about him having to behave). WHAT?! (otherwise had a good time with him)


Ryan-called the other night at the club and said he loved me...first time I had talked to him in a while, been even longer since I have seen him(months)....REMEMBER: he LOVES me though...YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Chris...my best guy friend...knows me sooo well...tried to date a year or so ago...slept with him and then figured out it was going anywhere and ended it....still makes comments about us "hooking up"...knows I won't though...made the comment the other night that he messed up when we dated...he learned his lesson HA HA!


Need I say more about men being un-comprehensible, frustrating, and nerve-racking?
 
Comments:
um

what's incomprehensible about their actions?

while i will not offer any sort of moral or ethical commentary i will offer an in interpretive filter. but i think you already know what i am about to say.

your ex-guys still like you and think you're hot - and you are turning their crank at this time. why? they may be available and looking, or maybe you are doing something that happens to get them charged up right now

your buddy chris. well, he's a guy. in my experience all guys have more problems sticking to the "just friends" situation with women than women do. if he is your friend, and he finds you attractive, then it is guaranteed he will think about hooking up with you. and you did once, so it is always going to be there in his mind.

as for the frustrating and nerve racking deal - well,

no comment...
 
Okay, Cadbury....you helped me see some stuff, dust off the knowledge of men and dating that had been stored in the crevices of my brain that stores information I use only here and there. I see what you are saying about Chris...and Charles. Ryan, though...no clue there. I hope I didn't offend with my comments....not all men are like that. Just those particular ones that are in my life right now. I know that good guys do exist :)
I know that the stuff gets to me becuse I LET it. I let it get the best of me sometimes. I have to keep myself in check. That's one reason I have my blog :)
Thanks for being so honest and blunt...I need it!!!
 
Peachie~ I'm so glad Cadbury left you a comment!

You need a guy's perspective!

hang in there, doll!

Love and hugs,
Pissy
 
"Ryan-called the other night at the club and said he loved me...first time I had talked to him in a while, been even longer since I have seen him(months)....REMEMBER: he LOVES me though...YEAH RIGHT!!!!"

"Ryan, though...no clue there."

1) guy who never calls, suddenly calls
2) says he loves you
3) there is drinking involved.
4) you have already had a sexual relationship with the guy previously (i'm assuming), so that "initial sexual contact" hurdle has already been jumped

conclusion: he wants to get laid

"I hope I didn't offend with my comments....not all men are like that."

well... all men may be like that ;-P, some are more considerate than others.

no offense taken - i didn't think there was anything in your post to be taken wrong.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a diary of the adventures of a young christian woman as she searches for her prince charming and lives her life in the suburbs of the "New York of the South."

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Well, I am a 26 year old christian teacher living in the peach state in search of my prince.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger