The soap opera called my life
Thursday, April 27, 2006
  A realization...
Can I just say that God works in mysterious ways? The past few days I have been in a funk about being down here away from my family and friends from college who are all I had ever known before moving.
However, today he sent two things my way that brightned my spirits and made me see the good about being down here. One was a compliment from a parent, and the other was a realization of sorts about my best friend. See, one thing bothering me down here was my friends that I see on a daily basis at work. I was in this whole despicable self-pity mode (i.e. I have no real friends down here, blah, blah, blah...). After getting off the phone with my best friend after an hour and a half it was like this fog was lifted. God let me see that even though I don't get to see her often or whatever, ours is a friendship built on meaningful things, no superficial ones. Now I knew this before, but I just had one of those moments of realization where it was like "Wham!" right in the face. You know what I mean? The fact that we really are each others best friend (well after her hubby of course :) hit me in the face. I knew that before, too, though. Weird how those momenets of realization hit ya, huh?
Friend, things WILL get better! Keep your head up and just do and handle what you can. Take care of you. In the meantime know that you have someone here always in your corner and with an ear to lend, or shoulder to cry on. I love you like my own two sisters back home, and hope that we continue to maintain our friendship the way we have over the last year (thats major-you survived living with me LOL) Other friends may be in my life, but never like you :)
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a diary of the adventures of a young christian woman as she searches for her prince charming and lives her life in the suburbs of the "New York of the South."

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Well, I am a 26 year old christian teacher living in the peach state in search of my prince.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger