The soap opera called my life
Monday, January 09, 2006
  RE: goin' out..on a school night!
Okay, so let me set ya straight first on a few things LOL...I am a blonde, I am NOT usually good with directions, and can be absent-minded. So....with all those things coming into play , I couldn't find where A. was playing last night!!! ARGH!!! LOL Kinda funny, too.
I was on the right road, but couldn't find the bar. FRUSTRATING! After a while I gave up...I said to myself " I was out the effort to drive up here, I can't find it, I am going home..." I figured that he had given bad directions or whatever. WELL, at work my friend E. told me that she thinks if I had kept going down from where I was I would've seen it. Then we got to thinking that maybe I should've taken a left, not a right, off the exit like A. told me to. Either way all I remembered him saying was the name of the road, take a right off the exit, and that it was in a Kroger shopping center. I found a Kroger, but no bar. So as my friend E and I were discussing this this morning, she mentioned the name of another bar that is by where I was looking for, and I was like"man! now I remember him mentioning that place!" LOL I SHOULD'VE remembered that, and HAD I, I would've found him.
I ended up leaving him a voicemail saying I saw all these other places besides the one where he was at, that I was going home, and to call me. Should make for an interesting call LOL


On another note, I HATE LESSON PLANS!!! I HATE WHEN NOT GIVEN A MODEL TO GO BY FOR SOMETHING!!! I HATE HOW INADEQUATE MY BOSS CAN MAKE FEEL SOMETIMES!!! ARGH!!! I had my lesson plans for last week and felt good about them. I didn't write some things down that we do every day (all year) down this one week (mountain math and character ed, which is morning work) ,and I get my lesson plans checked. CRAP!!! Today she sent me an email about them. When I went to see her she was like "I know you teach more than that, gotta write everything you do down. .." CRAP! Never mind that I had GREAT concept maps for my lessons, or used some good lessons from my learning focused books (tweaked a little bit). She also was like "you have to be detailed" Well, you should see the model she FINALLY gave me to go by. 7 PAGES WORTH TYPED FOR ONE WEEK!!! CRAP!!!!!!!! Plus, I left off what I was doing for small group. Well, me knowing my students, I knew I needed to do timed drills. Their accuracy is great, they read slowly though. So I remember thinking that I would add a quick sentence to my plans that said "...timed drills with story___________...." I forgot in the craziness of the holidays. I showed her them though...heck we were DOING them when she came into my classroom to check my plans.
Am I mad for no good reason, or is she being a little picky? Why can my leaving 2 little things off get that email + my plans for this weekcheked, yet co-workers that can't have STATE LAW, MANDATED MEETINGS ON THEIR STUDENTS WITHOUT HER GETTING ON THEM AND GIVING THEM A DEALINE barely get anything said or done. She doesn't stay on them with stuff like that, yet sometimes I feel like she does me. Why me? RARELY does she have to correct me...I can think of 2 little things over the years. I am always up and teaching, unlike some teachers she is always alluding to in an email to everyone. I have my state mandated meetings on my students. I have my grades posted on time (unlike some). Again I ask...why me?
Oh, and did I mention that I was one of the FEW that had their plans ready and available when she checked last week?
Okay, needed to vent there. THANKS!!!!!!
 
Comments:
Sunny:Thanks so much for your kind words! I will definitely use your suggestions and work with them :)
CP: I feel your pain, definitely. Maybe I will transfer :) he he NEVER forget that you DO rock as a teacher girl!

I am like both of you with the yelling...
 
Sunny: I know what you mean! Momemnts like those are precious and, unfortunately, few. Parents are just the worst sometimes...I dread my conferences Friday..I am not gonna be too nice about a few of my kids and their behavior.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a diary of the adventures of a young christian woman as she searches for her prince charming and lives her life in the suburbs of the "New York of the South."

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Well, I am a 26 year old christian teacher living in the peach state in search of my prince.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger